Tamiya's Educational Construction Series offers hobbyists the chance to make simple models that give examples of how mechanisms work. This assembly kit constructs a dolphin which swims under the power of the included underwater gearbox, and utilizes a float and fin-shaped rudder.
- This is an assembly kit which creates a motorized dolphin model.
- Dimensions: length: 182mm, width: 100mm, height: 60mm
- Simple assembly method makes this kit accessible to a range of ages including younger modelers.
- Power from the underwater gearbox is fed via crank wheels to the 2-piece tail fin, which flaps up and down to propel the model forward with the head bobbing at the same time.
- Springy polypropylene (PP) sheet pieces recreate the dolphin's body and fins, ensuing realistic smooth motion.
- Change the swimming direction by altering the fin position.
- The model features a float which is attached with a suction cup.
- Submarine mini motor requires one AAA battery (sold separately).
- Speed: 5cm/second; battery life: 2.5hrs (figures are approximate).